A relaxing productive day!

Relaxing and productive could sound like a contradiction in terms but this Saturday they worked in perfect harmony for me. Having sent in my revisions for book three for HM&B - The Warrior's Reluctant Wife - a week ago, I took a few days out before starting my next book, which is linked via characters to the previous book. 

This morning, however, was the day I had set myself to begin book four! It is always difficult sitting down after a break and firing up the computer to start a new book, even when you know already who the characters are and, basically, how their story plays out. 

So I had to ply myself with lots of coffee, gently coax myself up to the moment of actually sitting down at my breakfast bar - where I always write - and get out my 'magic timer.'  This is such a valuable aid to writing when there actually aren't any words on the page yet. The knowledge that once you press 'start' and the seconds are ticking away is a fail-safe way to get your fingers tapping. 

And it worked! By lunchtime, I'd got the prologue down, in a more or less final version - now I just have to write the rest of the book!

So that was the productive bit...the relaxation came after lunch with a brisk, litter-picking walk along the riverbank, then completing some questions for a blog I'm guesting on shortly, with Frankie over at Chicks, Rogues and Scandals, which is something which I absolutely love doing, then some social media interaction and some blogging of my own. 

 All in all, a rare day, devoted totally to the business of writing 😊

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nadolig Llawen - Merry Christmas!

Dipyn o Gymraeg ~ A bit of Welsh

A variety of book covers