The RNA Conference 2022

This weekend I was at the first RNA conference to be held physically since the last one in 2019, with Covid intervening in the meantime, of course. And after two years of attending the conference via Zoom, it was fabulous to meet up with people face to face again in the beautiful setting of Harper Adams University in Shropshire. 

 


 

This is the third time I've attended an RNA conference at Harper Adams and it is my favourite venue, both for the great facilities and the stunning countryside setting, plus the fact it's only a two-hour drive for me!

This year was a special one for me as I was one of the contenders for the Joan Hessayon award for debut authors. I didn't win but it didn't matter, as being caught up in the excitement of it all was an unforgettable experience. And to have The Welsh Lord's Convenient Bride highlighted in such a way was wonderful. 

It was lovely too to meet the other eight contenders and discover their books.  The award was won by Suzie Hull with In This Foreign Land, a WWI romance set in far flung Cairo, and I'm looking forward to reading it, and some of the debuts novels of the other contenders too. 

 

Photo (c) RNA



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nadolig Llawen - Merry Christmas!

Dipyn o Gymraeg ~ A bit of Welsh

A variety of book covers