It's Christmas !

I'm really looking forward to Christmas this year.  That might be because I've got a whole ten days off work, or it might have more to do with finishing the edits on my current work in progress a few days before my self-imposed deadline of December 25th :)  Typically, having struggled through a period of  disenchantment,  now I'm full of enthusiasm again and itching to go back to it and tweak.  Isn't that the curse of being a writer?!  I will be disciplined, however, and leave it alone to settle, with just a final read through after the New Year, and then away it goes to the editors.

But I'm not going to deprive myself of romance completely over the holidays - albeit in a purely fictional sense.  I've lined up a few of Georgette Heyer's historical romances to keep me happy.  Her characters are so full of life that they leap off the page and I love her spirited blend of romance, adventure and suspense.  Add in some wine, chocolates, mince pies and candles, and you have  . . . . sheer Festive bliss!


 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year xx



Comments

  1. Hi Melissa and congratulations on finishing those edits on time! Hope you have a wonderful time over Christmas. Wine, chocolates, mince pies AND books - sounds perfect! A great accompaniment to some great books. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah, it did feel good getting those edits done ahead of time, and I feel more than justified in putting my feet up and indulging myself in some naughties but nice! Hope your Christmas is a lovely one too, xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nadolig Llawen - Merry Christmas!

Dipyn o Gymraeg ~ A bit of Welsh

A variety of book covers