On hallowed shelves

I was so proud this week to give paperback copies of my books, The Welsh Lord's Convenient Bride and An Alliance with his Enemy Princess to the National Library of Wales in Aberystwyth.  One of the six copyright libraries in the UK, it already had e-copies - much to my surprise and delight - since, sadly, these first two books weren't out in print format in this country. 

I know e-books are here to stay, and they are accessible and affordable to many more people than hardback or paperback books.  Indeed I buy and read a lot of e-books myself. But I much prefer hard copies, whether I get them from my library, local bookshops or - best of all - browsing second-hand shelves and coming across books I've wanted for a long time or books I pick up because they appeal. I've found so many precious gems in second-hand book shops!

And, of course, there is nothing better than curling up in bed or in a comfy chair with a good book, turning the pages, placing a bookmark to keep your place for the next time, and having your favourite books on your bookshelves, many of them to be taken down and re-read, time and again. 

Therefore, I was not just proud but pleased that NLW agreed to take my author copies for their shelves. It is wonderful to know, however many (or few!) books I go on to write, that those two at least will live here in Wales...forever!

My next book - The Warrior's Reluctant Wife - is actually out in three formats in the UK in August 2023 - e-book, paperback and large print! I'm really looking forward to seeing it in the shops and in my local libraries.  

The background in the photo below is the setting for this new book, which takes place in a remote castle at the edge of the Dyfi Estuary in a bitterly cold winter in 1157.  Just looking at that chilly stretch of water and the snowy salt marsh (morfa heli) beyond makes me shiver!!!

 


AVAILABLE FROM AMAZON

www.lissamorgan.com



 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nadolig Llawen - Merry Christmas!

Dipyn o Gymraeg ~ A bit of Welsh

A variety of book covers